NWA 12341 - L3.5
Northwest Africa 12341 (NWA 12341)
Purchased: 2018 Aug
Classification: Ordinary chondrite (L3)
Petrography: (K. Metzler, IfP) Unshocked ordinary chondrite of low petrologic type, consisting of chondrules (types I and II) of all major textural types (PO, POP, PP, BO, C) with small amounts of interchondrule matrix. The apparent mean chondrule size is 470 µm (n=49). Nearly all metal has been oxidized by terrestrial weathering.
Geochemistry: Mineral compositions and geochemistry: The mean olivine composition is Fa18.4±12.3 (Fa2.3-39.9; n=21); the mean low-Ca pyroxene composition is Fs7.3±6.4Wo0.7±0.5 (Fs1.3-23.8Wo0.2-2.4); n=22.
Classification: L chondrite based on mean apparent chondrule size. Petrologic type based on the chemical variation of olivine and pyroxene. The PMD of Fa values is 67%, indicating that the petrologic subtype is <3.5.
- Meteorite NWA 12341 chondrite L3.5 SLICE 13.607 G $99.00
- Meteorite NWA 12341 chondrite L3.5 SLICE 13.607 G $109.00
- Meteorite NWA 12341 chondrite L3.5 SLICE 7.677 G $62.00
- Meteorite NWA 12341 L3.5 SLICE 10.84 G $89.00
- Meteorite NWA 12341 chondrite L3.5 SLICE 9.98 G $79.00
- Meteorite NWA 12341 chondrite L3.5 SLICE8.40 G $69.00